A vacation is a time to relax, and enjoy the time off. There are some preparations to consider before leaving and steps to take once you arrive. To ensure you have a pleasant experience, plan ahead by following these tips:
- Avoid bringing large amounts of cash. Use credit cards or travelers’ checks. If you must bring cash, inside pockets and shoulder bags across the chest are the best places to keep it.
- Label each piece of luggage, inside and out, with your name, address and telephone number. Use a business address and phone number on the outside tag so no one knows your home is unoccupied.
- Leave valuables in the hotel safe.
- Don’t give any personal information over the phone. If you receive a call from the front desk requesting verification of your credit card number, tend to it in person.
- Leave the “Do Not Disturb” sign on your door when you leave the room, so others think it’s occupied.
- Carry all valuables, medicines and papers with you. Do not put them in the checked luggage.
Some homeowners and renters policies protect your belongings in case of theft. If you want to ensure you have the proper coverage, call us. We can help. With the necessary coverage, you can spend your vacation time truly relaxing.