Returning to business post-pandemic: A checklist
It’s imperative that you are prepared to reopen your business after the pandemic—to make the transition back to work smooth, and to instill confidence in your employees that they are protected, valued and heard.
☐ Implement mitigation measures to keep your employees safe
- Include health screening and social-distancing requirements at work. Even after the pandemic subsides, it can’t hurt to ensure that you and your employees are safe by establishing an environment where communicable infections won’t spread as easily.
☐ Revisit your business-continuity plan
- Now that you’ve experienced how quickly a pandemic can affect your business, revisit your business-continuity plan and revise it to ensure preparedness if there is a next-time. Update plan resources and contact information, as well.
☐ Communicate with your employees
- Include your staff in the plan: Your employees should be aware of when they’ll be returning to the office and how frequently. They also should be aware of any mitigation measures they will be required to follow upon returning to work.
- After you revise your business-continuity plan, update your staff on what is expected of them, and what they can expect regarding another public health emergency or other disaster that would trigger the continuity plan to be used.
- Will you allow remote-work flexibility? Many organizations have discovered that they are just as efficient—if not more—when their employees work from home. Consider adopting a policy that leaves room for remote work should your employees need or want that flexibility. Ask your staff what they think, and inform them of the expectations for when they return to the office.
☐ Revisit your coverages
- There may be adjustments that need to be made to your coverages. Give us a call when you get back to work and we’ll help you ensure your coverages are updated and effective.
These are just some of the many factors to consider when it’s time to return to the office after the pandemic. We know it’s been a while, and it’s been challenging. We are here for you. Call our office any time and we will be happy to help.